B2B Webinar for up to 50 participants
HOW THIS COURSE WILL HELP YOU
This webinar focusses on the skills and knowledge required to take over an existing tender stage project schedule, setting a baseline and converting it into a construction program schedule along with formatting, basic functionality and ongoing revisions. Editing an existing project file is the most common skill set required by engineers and project managers within the civil, marine and rail construction industry.
Getting started with a scheduling software can be overwhelming however, most construction engineers and project managers only update existing MS Project schedule files rather than creating one from scratch. Even if a new schedule is required, starting with an existing file from a previous project is a simple ways to get a head start.
In this course we will explain the basic functionality of MS Project and the steps and functions required to revise an existing project file. Scheduling softwares have many similarities and even if you are using a different software package, the basics methodologies are the same.
Don’t have access to MS Project? Sign up for a free trial on the Microsoft website (not required for this course but recommended).
Browse the course chapters for more information.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Opening and viewing an MS Project File and basic controls
- Saving the project under a new name, setting a baseline and updating project information
- Basic formatting and printing
- Basic scheduling, predecessors, successors and other dependencies
- Critical path
- Status updates (revisions)
- Useful filters e.g. look aheads, completion status
- Certificate of Completion issued by AM Project Partners which will be a valuable record to document your professional development efforts.
- This course can count towards your annual professional development efforts as required by certification bodies such as PMI. A PDU Statement is available on request.
- This course is not accredited under the VET Framework
- Contact us for face to face delivery options