HOW THIS COURSE WILL HELP YOU
This program provides an overview for newly promoted supervisors and leading hands assuming their initial supervisory role. We will outline the key requirements mandated by the WHS Act concerning your company’s system, including a supervisor or leading hand’s duties in terms of cost, time, and quality control on site, as well as leadership abilities. Furthermore, we will explore team dynamics, personality types, conflict resolution strategies, and public speaking techniques in order to facilitate successful toolbox talks or pre-start meetings.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
We will cover the following:
- CHAPTER 1 – Obligations under the WHS Act
- CHAPTER 2 – The leading hand’s involvement in cost, time and quality control on site
- CHAPTER 3 – Leadership: Transition from Teammate to Team Leader
- CHAPTER 4 – The Leading Hand’s Non-Negotiables
As part of this program, we will delve into the nuances of team dynamics and discover how to create a harmonious working environment. We will examine different personality types in order to gain insights on how best to collaborate with diverse colleagues and take advantage of everyone’s strengths. Conflict resolution strategies will be discussed, as well as public speaking techniques to facilitate effective toolbox talks or pre-start meetings
- Online, live webinar or face to face
- Online version is 100% online, self-paced with text, pictures, graphics, videos and quizzes
- 6 months online access
- Unlimited email support
- Certificate of Completion issued by AM Project Partners which will be a valuable record to document your professional development efforts.
- This course can count towards your annual professional development efforts as required by certification bodies such as PMI. A PDU Statement is available on request.
- This course is not accredited under the VET Framework
- Contact us for face to face delivery options