HOW THIS COURSE WILL HELP YOU
Delays on construction projects are common and are often impacting the contractors ability to reach practical completion by the date set in the construction contract agreement. It is therefore vital to recognise, analyse and administer every delay event to ensure it results in an Extension of Time (EOT) to the contractual date of practical completion. The risk of exposure to liquidated damages must be eliminated through the EOT process. In this course, we will review the relevant contract clauses to understand non-qualifying, qualifying and compensable causes of delay and how to prepare and submit Delay Notices in accordance with the contract terms and conditions and subsequent Extension of Time Claims.
Further more, we cover how to best document the delay impacts to the projects critical path, utilising the gantt chart as the number source of proof and how to assess and claim potential time related costs as a result of granted extension of time claims.
Our course content is delivered in simplified plain English language with emphasise on building and maintaining a positive relationship with the client whilst negotiating EOT claims.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
We will cover the following:
o Contract Provisions and Definitions
o Notice of Delay
o Qualifying Causes
o Extension of Time Claim (EOT)
o Delay Costs
o Project Critical Path Assessment
o Documenting Critical Path Impact
o The disrupted construction project
o Strategies for Contractor caused Delays
- Online, live webinar or face to face
- Online version is 100% online, self-paced with text, pictures, graphics, videos and quizzes
- 12 months online access
- A full PDF Course Manual is provided for your records
- Weekly Q&A video calls are available on demand
- Unlimited email support
- Certificate of Completion issued by AM Project Partners which will be a valuable record to document your professional development efforts.
- This course can count towards your annual professional development efforts as required by certification bodies such as PMI. A PDU Statement is available on request.
- This course is not accredited under the VET Framework
- Contact us for face to face delivery options