HOW THIS COURSE WILL HELP YOU
Getting started with a scheduling software can be overwhelming however, most construction engineers and project managers only update existing MS Project schedule files rather than creating one from scratch. Even if a new schedule is required, starting with an existing file from a previous project is a simple ways to get a head start.
In this course we will explain the basic functionality of MS Project and the steps and functions required to revise an existing project file. Scheduling softwares have many similarities and even if you are using a different software package, the basics methodologies are the same.
Don’t have access to MS Project? Sign up for a free trial on the Microsoft website (not required for this course but recommended).
What you will learn
We have structured this course into several topics;
- Opening and viewing an MS Project File and basic controls
- Saving the project under a new name, setting a baseline and updating project information
- Basic formatting and printing
- Basic scheduling, predecessors, successors and other dependencies
- Critical path
- Status updates (revisions)
- Useful filters e.g. look aheads, completion status
New to MS Project? Watch the Promo to get a feel for what else is possible with this software package.
- 100% online with video content
- Unlimited email support
- Certificate of Completion issued by AM Project Partners which will be a valuable record to document your professional development efforts.
- This course can count towards your annual professional development efforts as required by certification bodies such as PMI. A PDU Statement is available on request.